Tuesday 14 April 2015

Off to a false start....

Today started really well....no pain on waking and just minor niggles in my left hip until I got up and made a cup of tea.  Then I was hit by the usual stretch of agony between my hips and across my lower back.  It lasted for a couple of minutes and then went.  Brilliant!

Or so I thought.  It's now midday and I am in so much pain I can hardly breathe - from hip to hip (although as always, still led by my left hip).  I feel like I am about to have a baby to be honest.  Its that kind of pain.

I was hoping to feel some improvement having started taking amitriptyline (10mg) just over a week ago but aside from sleeping much more soundly and a couple of vivid dreams/nightmares, there seems to be very little change.

I think I will give it another couple of weeks and then head back to the doctors and see if they will increase the dose.  Having read about how amitriptyline has helped so many people get free from their pain, I feel like I could be tantalisingly close to getting something of my old life back and I would give almost anything for that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!