Monday 13 April 2015

Todays Pain.....

In the hope that I might spot a pattern, combined with a wish find others with the same pain experience as me, I will occasionally post details of my pain on a given day.  

It changes both in severity and location and I am hoping that through expression, I can begin to come to terms with it.

(I rate my pain on a scale of 1 to 10 so that my husband can relate to it in some way, so I'll use that here so you get an idea of things.  For context, the highest I have gone is a 9 and that is basically pain so bad that it makes you dizzy and almost black out).

When I woke up today, as is common, I had no pain at all.  Within a few minutes the pain at the front of my left hip bone started and was just about tolerable - lets say 3 out of 10.

Within 30 minutes the pain had increased significantly and the ache had spread to my right hip and around my lower back.  I was also getting pain down my left thigh.  

Sometimes I think its worse when I lie down (which is a real killer seeing as when I'm in pain all I want to do is close my eyes) so I forced myself out of bed and into the shower at 10am.  I honestly thought if I got angry and determined enough, I might be able to distract it away, so I even attempted some housework......all pointless and just wore me out even more.

The pain stayed at about 8/10 most of the morning and came in waves - a few minutes of pain-free respite and then 15-20 minutes of full on agony.

By 13.30 it seems I was all done for the day.  The pain stopped and so far hasn't come back.  That is quite normal for me.....I rarely get any pain after lunchtime....it is one of the things that I find most frustrating as the medical profession seem utterly baffled by that fact alone.

So....today's summary is:


  1. Pain started after I woke up
  2. Overall pain rating 8/10
  3. Mood - very negative, angry and tired


Actions taken to handle the pain were as follows:


  1. Paracetamol - no doctor will give me anything stronger :-(  
  2. Numerous hot water bottles
  3. A huge amount of crying and general anger/frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!